Monday, March 8, 2010

Texas Sheet Cake ♥ ♥ ♥

TEXAS SHEET CAKE

This is one of the best sheet cakes I have ever had. Now that I think of it, maybe the only one. It is super moist and very addictive, so consider yourself warned!




Sheet Cake

Sift together 2 cups flour and 2 cups sugar in large bowl and set aside.

Boil together;

1 stick butter
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup water

After coming to a boil pour over dry ingredients (sugar and flour) mix well and set aside to cool slightly.
Mix together;

4 TBS cocoa
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

Add to mixture that was set aside to cool and mix well. Pour into a greased 11x16 pan and bake for 20 minutes at 425. I used a slightly larger pan to bake my cake in, I think it was a 13x18.



ICING

1 stick butter
4 TBS cocoa
6 TBS milk

Melt all ingredients together in a pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 4 cups of powdered sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla to mixture. Add 1 cup of pecans if desired. Beat well and pour over warm cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.






Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jessica Stier said...

Yummm! I love this recipe. It's so good! It's been a long time since I made it. I think that will change soon!

Pam McKnight said...

I love this cake...it's what I always ask for on my birthday!
http://pammcknight.blogspot.com/

Timi said...

My mom use to make this all the time when I was a kid. We only got to have it when company was coming over or a funeral. I just remember it being such a treat.