Monday, January 31, 2011

A Cupcake Sunday


The other day while lurking around some of my favorite blogs, I came across this 'new' to me recipe on the blog Hello my Name is Heather. So of course, I had to try it out. You use a cake mix, any flavor, I used vanilla, some people might say white, but really which sounds yummier?? And you use instant pudding, a flavor that will be compatible with the cake mix. I topped it with a butter cream frosting to which I added a small amount of strawberry jam. They turned out delicious. The frosting makes the cupcake, any frosting, any cupcake. A cupcake without frosting is nothing, boring, ho-hum little piece of cake, something that could be used as packing. Anyway, here's the recipe, hope you enjoy it!!


Easy Gourmet Cupcakes
1 box cake mix - any flavor
1 small box pudding mix
4 eggs
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. water
1/2 C. oil

Choose a cake mix and a pudding mix with compatible flavors. Mix this stuff all together and bake as instructed -- till toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, then add frosting.


Butter Cream Frosting
1/3 c butter
3 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
about 2 Tbs milk
Blend butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and milk; beat until frosting is smooth and of spreading consistency.

I left out the vanilla and added maybe 1/2 cup strawberry jam.

1 comment: