YUM! This was dinner last night along with some enchiladas and mexican rice made with a mango salsa. I was out of green onions so I used sweet onions instead, you could use either one you prefer though. The bean salad is also good by itself with some Juanita's tortilla chips to dip.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.